THIS EDITION IS SOLD OUT
The Heretic Edition of Jeff VanderMeer's Finch comes with:
• The instrumental soundtrack CD “Finch” by Murder by Death, in custom sleeve
• A signed custom letterpress printed jacket and foil stamp designed by John Coulthart (the jacket design is different from the $50 limited version)
• Each jacket includes unique, never-published lines cut from the novel and handwritten on the jacket by Jeff VanderMeer. (This text is different for each of the 150 copies.)
• The flaps and back cover of the jacket will include text pertaining to the inhuman underground gray caps, and excerpted from the journal of the mysterious Samuel Tonsure.
• The back cover of the jacket provides additional information on the Heretic edition, including details of its dual creation in Ambergris and in Portland, Oregon. Special properties of the book cited include its propensity to explode into spores if attempting to tamper with the cloth binding.
• City of Saints & Madman artist Eric Schaller’s infamous war beer label, highly prized in Ambergris for its nostalgic connotations of a time before the gray caps Rose.
• A supplemental chapbook containing seven thousand words of the original “Fragments of a Drowned City” novel that eventually became Finch, with brief introduction by the author. This material, polished and of high quality, constitutes an “alternative” version of the novel that differs completely from Finch as written. The chapbook will not be released in a further printing, and is only available with this limited edition.
Only 150 of the $110 Heretic Edition printed.